I have had an passion for moving and helping bodies feel better since childhood. While a dance major in college, I discovered the field of Massage Therapy. After graduating, I worked as a physical therapy aid at Gaylord Hospital, danced with In Good Company and completed my training at the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy. In later years I have discovered the joys and benefits of Yoga Tune Up®, meditation and InterPlay® which I am excited to share.
- Licensed Massage Therapist in CT, License #000639
- American Massage Therapy Association, Professional Member since 1984
- Certified Yoga Tune Up® Instructor since 2015
- Certified Compassionate Touch® Practitioner since 2014
- InterPlay® bodyspirt mover since 2011, Certified Leader 2019
- Bachelor of Arts in Dance from Mount Holyoke College, 1981
- Dancer since birth :)
My Massage Therapy sessions include a variety of modalities within a traditional Swedish Massage format. Other body work modalities are applied according to the response of the body tissues and benefit to the client's wellbeing. I draw from Deep Tissue, Acupressure, Sports Massage, Chakra work, Trigger Point, Myofascial Release and various other techniques acquired over many years of experience and training.
For more information on types of massage and other services offered see Services page.
To schedule an appointment simply call, text or email via Contact page and I will be happy to answer any questions regarding techniques, scheduling or pricing. I look forward to speaking with you.