GOOD NEWS! Services are now open!
For your information at this time the following Covid-19 pandemic precautions will be followed~
- Move2Joy will only be working with people who attest to being Covid-19 vaccinated or virtually.
- Per the CT Department of Health recommendations Katy will continue to wear a mask while working closely with people.
- At the home office there is a new electronic air filter, an independent AC for the massage room, and new sanitation procedures.
- Customers will be asked to allow a temperature check and to sign a Covid-19 symptom and vaccination attestation slip at each visit.
- Customers who have had unmasked exposure to large groups are asked to wait 2 weeks or have a negative covid test before making an appointment.
- For those who are not vaccinated, online instruction in self massage is available using Tune Up Fitness® Therapeutic Massage Balls. These sessions are via Zoom or FaceTime. Use the Services and Contact buttons for more information.
- Post Covid-19 patients may have increased risk of blood clots which is a serious contraindication for massage. Therefore, I do not advise any deep work until several months after you have recovered and are sure you have no "long hauler" symptoms or have received the go ahead from your doctor.
Move2Joy LLC, also doing business as Katharine Wakeman Forline / Massage Therapy, offers therapeutic massage, healthy movement education and InterPlay® in various south central Connecticut locations:
- Home office, Durham
- Therapeutic Massage Office, Wallingford
- Residential care and hospital facilities
- Other on-site events
Ms. Forline has been a licensed Massage Therapist since 1984 and uses traditional Swedish Massage techniques, Deep Tissue and many other effective modalities to assist healing, functionality and relaxation of your body's amazing structures.
Katharine (aka Katy) is also a specialized provider of the gentle technique of Compassionate Touch® for those who are in residential care, frail, suffering from dementia or in hospice care.
She is a Certified Yoga Tune Up® Instructor and Certified InterPlay® Leader.
She holds a B.A. in dance from Mount Holyoke College.
To schedule an appointment or to discuss services please click on "Contact" above. Your message will be returned as soon as possible.
Visit the M2J Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/Move2Joy.life/
Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls may be purchased here:
Have a joyful and healthy day and thanks for visiting!